3.7.05

Steve Jobs' speech and Jon's ideas on hair

I finally read the transcript of Steve Jobs' speech . It was a really good speech and with my previous string of unemployment and failed job interviews, 4-mile long bike rides to home, and sometimes, general starving-to-death type deal i've been subjected to, the speech really resonated with me. Go check it out. One of the best commencement speeches I've heard. Definitely better than Sandra Day O'Connors and definitely better than that Peruvian president from last year.

On a lighter note, I gave Jon a haircut today. He had a theory on why people go bald. He said that maybe some hairs are male and some hairs are female. Supposedly the females just die out when you turn 40 or so and so the males have no one to have sex and reproduce with. I wonder why it starts from the middle outward. There must be some sort of hair-killing STD or something that starts from the middle of the head. Well Jon says also that people's messing with their front hairs also propogates the "death" of these female hairs. Its all very confusing and still a theory right now. But you know, just a thought.