6.8.07

Weekend Festivities

Were there really wasn't that much...

I did finally finish the last Harry Potter book. I enjoyed most of it, a bit slow-going at the beginning, but the wizard duels etc, etc, seemed appropriate for the finale of a seven book series.

I managed to get my hands on a Swiss version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Having just seen the fifth movie two weeks ago and just finished the final book, I thought it would be fun to contrast how much the actors have grown and also to see if there were anything that would make sense now that I know the entire story that would've been imperceptible back then. The only thing I noted was the use of Dumbledore's deluminator and of coures, Ron receives it in the final book. However, I just started re-reading the first book also and it was certainly called a different name then.

harry_potter
I very much enjoyed the movie.

I also randomly ran across the great website of a webdesigner/graphic designer/coder named Jonathan Harris. Looking at his work, I noticed that he has responsible for many of the things that I find wonderful in interaction design including:
1)10X10 a news aggregator 2) the graphic layout/interface of etsy.com 3)some mints I noticed at the airport called oral fixation

and finally I really enjoyed wefeelfine.org which scours the blogosphere for the phrase "i feel" and creates graphical representations to analyze the data and to look at what people across the world are feeling right now.

we_feel_fine2

we_feel_fine1