25.6.07

things that I like #6

1) sunshine

I like sunshine a lot. I like it when the sun hits my skin and I am lying down on my back in a park somewhere.

2) a moment of random connection

Yesterday, I was at the park and there was a dog who I played catch frisbee with. He seemed quite cheerful and happy to catch my frisbee.

3) the word pleasant

pleasant is halfway between peace and adventure.

4) good conversation

I like hanging out with smart people and talking about smart things. Ugh, what a guilty pleasure.

5) feeling a sense of expansion

phoebe once said, dont you think gravity is weird. It feels like its pulling you down and dont you just want to escape it.

something I don't like:

An awareness of the current frame of my life. Isn't it lame to realize that the connections you have with people and your frame of yourself is only a sad reflection of who you are. Also had a discussion about the push pull between awareness, philosophies and a reflection of the current state of society. an example of this is: how in your youth was a staunch communitarian but when grow up and had a taste of individuality, and so then realize the beauty of capitalism.

I liked the discussion about the origins of the western mindset of individuality.

advertising is a great distillation of cultural values.